Peace and Justice Ministry
In the Baptismal Covenant, we promise to:
“seek and serve Christ in all persons, loving your neighbor as yourself,” and to “strive for justice and peace among all people, and [to] respect the dignity of every human being.”
- The Peace & Justice Ministry provides an opportunity to put that promise into action in the world.
- The Peace & Justice ministry includes all people who want to find ways to put the promise to work for peace and justice into action.
- We work through study, prayer, giving, and advocacy—through being involved.
- We join our efforts with others throughout the church and the world to address: Extreme poverty …by supporting the Millennium Development Goals; Human trafficking …by working with organizations that help stop the modern enslavement of 27 million people; Environmental Stewardship...by encouraging parishioners to see the impact of their actions on the world around them. And more, as our committed members find other ways to work for justice and peace.
Peace & Justice activities include:
- Alternative Gift Fair (early December)
- Film Festival
- Supporting organizations that help fight extreme poverty
- Adult Forums and more…
How do I get involved?
Send a note to the Peace & Justice ministry convener , or stop by the Peace & Justice table in the Narthex.